Friday, April 21, 2017

Good Morning America's Amy Robach to Host 2017 Shape Women's Half Marathon

ABC's GMA Amy Robach and XTreme XTraining to cover the 2017 Shape Women's Half Marathon
April 30th, 2017 - NYC is the race date for the 2017 Shape Women's Half Marathon. Our celebrity host this year is none other than Amy Robach of ABC TV's Good Morning America.  

Amy will be on hand for televised broadcasts and race day coverage. You can get more details on the race and sign up yourself at: ShapeHalf.com   #WOMENRUNTHEWORLD on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. Follow me at DOCTORM and DOCTORMM respectively.



My tee and medal from my last Shape Women's Half-Marathon

Once again, XTreme XTraining is specially invited, Credentialed Press for this 13.1 mile run through Central Park in NYC. Yes, that's me in the lead photo wearing my PRESS PASS near the start line. That year I ran as an embedded journalist and took some amazing GoPro style shots from inside the race course.


On the race course in Central Park



There are many other celebrities attending and running this year's race. One of my favorite runners is Olympic Medalist, and American Record Holder, Deena Kastor. I caught her flying by during my coverage of the 2015 race so it will be great to see her again this year. 


She's No. 1! Deena Kastor blasting by for the win at the 2015 Shape Half-Marathon.
Really, the whole day is just one big celebration of women who love to run and are not ashamed to show it. The course loops twice around scenic Central Park which has built in hills and inclines. It is a hard roadway so I usually switch over from my Trail Shoes to Road Shoes for extra comfort.
You can read my recap of my last Shape Women's Half-Marathon HERE. Below is a little race time video from the Shape Women's Half roadway in Central Park.


Running the 2015 Shape Half-Marathon in Central Park

RACE DAY TIP #1: You may want to wear running shoes 1/2 size larger than usual. This will help accommodate any potential foot swelling which may occur over the course of the race. Some runners likewise switch to thinner socks for a little extra room.


Dancing at the Central Park Bandshell after the race.

RACE DAY TIP #2: First Timers- If this is your first time entering a half-marathon, keep in mind that you do not have to run the entire distance. Yes, you must finish within a set period of time, (somewhere around four hours), but you can also WALK this race course.  I interviewed a pregnant French woman who was doing just that. There are even apps that will signal you to jog 30 seconds and then walk 2 minutes in intervals. That will keep you moving along at a set pace and insure that you finish on time.


Mom and daughter did this half-marathon together!

I'd again like to recognize my Official 2017 Race Season Sponsors:



Meredith Publishing for my invitation and PRESS accommodations for the 2017 Shape Women's Half-Marathon.


The Shape Women's Half Marathon is hosted by the New York Road Runners Club



Hoka One One Athletic Shoes - Now into their THIRD year as my Official Equipment Sponsor. Uber cushy, I am training in their Bondi 5 Trail Shoes this season. Visit them at HokaOneOne.com

My Hoka One One Bondi 5's in Medieval Blue



MyoBuddy Massager Pro offers tired muscles and tendons much needed relief second only to a professional masseuse! Check out this unique massager at MyoBuddy.com



MyoBuddy Massager Pro




If the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, we'll see you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment