Friday, May 16, 2014

Bike Month Essentials: Detours Madison Rack Trunk Bag

Detours Madison Rack Bag - bike commuter ready.
May has a lot of bicycle related events, namely Bike to Work Week and today is Bike to Work Day. I'm always up for the next best bag for my commuter bike so the Madison by Detours really caught my eye. One of the repeating features that I like about the Detours line in general are the quick release clips on the bottom of their bags. It makes taking the bag with you a snap (literally).

Detours D2R has the same quick release clips as the Madison.
What this means is a worry-free, secure ride for the rear bag. I always take my D2R bag inside with me because it is so simple to get on and off the bicycle. I have a Blackburn Rack with a center shelf and the clips adjust for a perfect fit. If you are cycling or commuting in an urban area, this is a very important point to consider. Also the D2R rear bag has a bit more travel-ready room and separators for tools, a medical kit, food, and an extra water bottle holder/

The diagonal strap system of the Madison.
Strap One On
The diagonal strap is easy to wear and has a comfy adjustable shoulder pad. The carry straps stow inside the slip pouches during your ride and pop out easily. The Madison therefore looks great both on and off your bicycle!

Madison comes with Blinkie loops on both ends.
Madison Features
One of things I've come to expect from Detours bags is their attention to detail. I really like that the Madison has light loops for your favorite blinkie, (I've got my Portland Design Works DangerZone clipped in), so it is a full on, road ready bicycle bag. So important if you are routinely riding in traffic.

Other Madison Rack Trunk Bag Features Include:
4 Adjustable quick release buckles
Reflective Details
Lots of interior organization & key fob
Exterior slip pockets
Removable, padded shoulder strap
Side compression straps
Rain cover in secret zip pocket under the bag

Rain cover tucks secretly away under the bag
The Detours Madison Rack Trunk Bag would make a great gift for any commuter who uses their bicycle to travel to work or to play. It's quick release straps allow for a quick on and off the rack execution while looking amazingly chic during your ride. Like most Detours bicycle bags, the Madison has a built in rain cover that stows away in a secret pouch under the bag. Genius! Personally, I think the bag itself can take a spritz or two but for a downpour you'd want the extra visibility of their day glow rain cover. Thanks to their clip and stow system, the rain cap is always with the bag. Just the right size, I can tell this is going to become one of my favorite rack trunk bags for Bike Month.

Check out more essential gear and Bike Month bags for your ride at Detours.us

No comments:

Post a Comment