Saturday, October 3, 2015

My Top Fall Tonics to Reset Your Energy - Boost Your Immunity

Floridix Iron + Herbs is a time tested German tonic.
Fall is here and is often the time we get run down switching from the leisurely pace of summer to back to school/college craziness, backed up traffic and stress. This is the time to reset your immune system and energy levels as the demands of cooler, fluctuating temperatures can wreak havoc on your health.  Here are some of my favorite fall tonics and remedies for an energy and immunity reset:


Echinacea based Immune ASAP & Black Elderberry Syrup
Immune Support
In my book, "Nature's Weeds, Native Medicine" (Lotus Press) I talk about one of the key ingredients in this Turmeric Supreme Immune ASAP formulation from Gaia Herbs. That would be the Native American plant, Echinacea root (Echinacea purpura and Echinacea angustifolia


One of my Best Sellers! Available at Amazon.com

It has been traditionally used by indigenous tribes west of the Mississippi for centuries for a number of ailments including colds and fever. I take these if I'm feeling a bit run down after being exposed to inclement weather. Another of my favorites is the Black Elderberry Syrup also by Gaia Herbs. It can be taken right from the bottle or added to herbal tea or a smoothie. So delicious. This and some Vick's Vapo-Rub on my chest make for a powerful preemptive strike.


Digestive Support = improved immunity

Re-Boot Your Gut Health
Our digestive system is actually the first line of defense for the immune system. Many types of disease causing pathogens are in fact destroyed in the gut. Having a diverse intestinal flora is likewise beneficial and key to a "tight" immune system. I like this Probiotics Dr. Formulated, Mood + Digestive + Immune System supplement from Garden of Life. Packed and shipped cold, it has 50 Billion live organisms and 16 probiotic strains essential to gut health. Made with organic super-fruits: Ashwagandha, Blueberries, Acacia Fiber, I take about three per week to keep my intestinal flora diverse. 



Floradix Iron + Herbs
Renewed Energy - Iron Tonic + Herbs
This is a time honored tonic developed in Germany in 1916 by Dr. Otto Greither. Floravital Iron + Herbs contains easy to absorb and non-constipating iron gluconate. It is perfect for pregnant women, children and adults who want a natural alternative to harsh iron sulfate supplements. To better absorb iron supplements in general, try taking it with a bit of vitamin C. I like to take mine at mid-day which is usually my largest meal. This iron tonic is a complete formula with additional B-vitamins and just one of many liquid formulas from SALUS Haus. 




Others include a Calcium Liquid, Magnesium Liquid and Herbal Multivitamin all of which I have tried. After the Iron + Herbs, I would recommend the Herbal Liquid Multivitamin. All are delicious and easy to add to juice, tea or other non-dairy drinks.I ordered mine on Amazon and it arrived in about three days. See all Floradix elixirs and tonics at Florahealth.com


Iron is best absorbed with vitamin C rich juices like tomato & orange.


No comments:

Post a Comment