|NEW vegan, grain free, plant based protein options from Garden of Life.|
|My favorite smoothie: Apples, carrots, strawberries and protein powder|
I just got a sampler of all four flavors of this new line from Garden of Life. Unlike the Rice and Whey Protein based powders I've been using, the Organic Plant Proteins are made from peas. I've used a similar protein product by USANA which decidedly tasted like peas! Still the Garden of Life line does not have that taste, even with peas being at the top of the ingredient list.
Another problem with many protein powders is mixing. I get so tired of undissolved lumps that I add whatever powder I have to the blender with the vegetables and fruits. These new Organic Plant Proteins are VERY smooth and require little mixing to blend. In fact, I can easily mix in a scoop in about 8 ozs of cold water in a snap. This means I can take some along for: the gym, travel, outback hiking, on my bike and more.
RECIPE: Here's a quick recipe for Organic Plant Protein Iced Coffee to Go: Put 1/2 Scoop Smooth Vanilla, 1/2 Scoop Smooth Coffee, Ice Cubes and 10 oz of water or almond milk in a stainless steel thermal drink bottle. Shake and go!
|Rolling out with my morning smoothie.|
So it may not seem like a big deal, it is to me. Sometimes my protein shake is all I have time for first thing in the morning and all I can eat. I'm one of those people who performs poorly after a large breakfast. I prefer something light like a protein shake before my morning run or workout session. These new protein powders are even delicious mixed with just ice water which is how I've been enjoying them. Delicious, especially the Smooth Vanilla but I will have to try them with unsweetened almond milk. This protein powder is especially suitable for those who are gluten free and vegan.
GOL Organic Plant Proteins also have added nutritional and therapeutic herbs and superfoods. I've been hearing a lot about African Moringa and it is also included this grain free formula. Here are the specifics from the GOL website:
- Unique Protein Blend - Organic Plant Protein is made with a new different innovative blend of certified organic proteins which gives it an exceptional smooth and creamy texture... with no gritty texture
- Tastes Delicious – Designed for superior taste and texture when mixed just with water. Available in 4 mouth-watering flavors…Smooth Chocolate, Smooth Vanilla, Smooth Coffee (with Marley Coffee) and Smooth Energy (with Guayaki® Yerba Mate and added vitamin B12). All flavors are natural and organic, no artificial ingredients are used. Also tastes incredible with 8oz unsweetened almond milk.
- Grain Free and Gluten Free - all Garden of Life proteins are labelled gluten free, however Organic Plant Protein is unique in that it does not contain any grains or brown rice, and is therefore the only GOL protein that is considered both grain free and gluten free.
- Highly Digestible – Organic Plant Protein delivers highly digestible grain free plant protein with 13 enzymes and 1 billion CFU of probiotics. This is important for those people who have difficulty digesting grains.
- USDA Organic Farms - Garden of Life is working closely with and supporting several family farms in North America and Canada to produce high quality clean proteins. Organic Plant Protein is made with a unique blend of seven nutritious plant proteins, five organic American seed proteins — organic pea seed, organic flax seed, organic cranberry seed, organic chia seed and organic pumpkin seed. We work with our farmers to ensure that these ingredients are top quality and the cleanest available.
- 2 African Super Foods - Moringa and Baobab are rich in protein, minerals and antioxidants. We purchase them through the African Hub to guarantee Fair Trade.
- Excellent Source Protein – 15 grams of quality plant protein per serving with Complete Amino Acid Profile – ideal for growth, building muscles and repairing tissues.†
- Over 3g Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). Great for athletes, pre- or post-exercise, and anyone who wants to boost protein intake.
- Less than 1g Sugar*, 2g to 4g of Fiber and Only 100 Calories per Serving - ideal macronutrient profile for the health conscious and for weight management.†
- Cleanest protein on the shelf with DUAL Certification - All Garden of Life proteins including Organic Plant Protein are dual certified, Certified USDA Organic, and Non-GMO Project Verified (Independent, third-party verification). This is a gold standard for Garden of Life, yet it is surprisingly rare in our industry at present.
- Vegan Certified, Kosher - No Dairy, No Soy. No Artificial or Chemical Ingredients.