Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What's In My Gym Bag?

Essentials I pack for the health club.
I used to be an active Gold's Gym member primarily because it was on my way home from work. I would stop in every day during the week and get in a few reps and maybe an aerobics class before going home to dinner. Now I have a home gym and prefer getting my aerobic exercise by walking, running and cycling.
This week I'm on my way to The Women's Story at Crystal Springs Resort and am packing things I would usually take to the gym as this is a fitness event at a resort. Keeping in mind that most health clubs have pools, hot tubs, saunas and showers, I've also included a bath/shampoo kit.

Supplements for my workout
Supplements
These have to be easy to digest and take along. I take Rainbow Light's Certified Organics Women's Multivitamins daily so I like to bring them along so I can have them with lunch. Made with Organic Fruits and Vegetables, they are perfect with an equally healthy meal and I've never had an upset stomach taking them either with or without food. Same thing for the individually packaged Gummy Omegalicious chews. These include Omega 3 fatty acids with Vitamin C and can really help with post-workout inflammation.

Inflammation busters: Topricin Topical Pain Creme and Turmeric Supreme
Speaking of inflammation, there are things you can use prophylactically to help deal with soreness before it strikes. I use a small amount of Topricin on my knees and back and take Gaia Herbs Turmeric Supreme. Both will make a HUGE difference in your recovery time while lessening post workout soreness.

Molton Brown Women's Carry On Flight Collection
Travel Set
I'm really enjoying this complete set of body/ hair shampoos, conditioner and body/hand lotions from Molton Brown, London. Crystal Springs Resort & Spa provides Molton Brown bath products for your stay at the Grand Cascades Hotel. Be sure to take them with you! Otherwise, you can get their cool TSA flight ready travel set with everything you'll need for a shower after your workout.  This Women's Carry On Flight Collection contains: Pink Pepperpod Body Wash, Replenishing Hand Creme & Nourishing Body Lotion, Cress Purifying Shampoo, Mer-rouge Deep Conditioning Mask and Ambrusca Wash and Scrub.
Tip: Apply the Deep Conditioning Mask to your hair, wrap with a warm towel and sit in the sauna. The heat will give your hair a super penetrating moisturizing treat while you relax.

Post Workout & Recovery
After the Gym
If you've worked your muscles, it's best to get some protein in you within about 30 minutes of finishing up. Why? Well, protein is the building block of muscle tissue which has basically been torn apart to allow for new growth. I like the Garden of Life Raw Fit packets as they are easy to take with my Klean Kanteen. Just add water or even a bit of almond or rice milk and you have an instant High Protein Shake. Garden of Life is a bit different as it is made with raw, organic spouted grains like: brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, garbanzo bean and amaranth grain. The Marley Coffee is really delicious, has a low glycemic index and helps burn fat.
Raw Protein to Go
The packets make it easy to take and make on the road as it mixes completely with no lumps. It also has probiotics and enzymes for superior gut health.

Basil's New Market Bag clips onto your rear rack.


My New Bag 
I'm taking this for The Women's Story because there will be some cycling involved and this new bag clips easily onto a rear rack or front of the handlebars. Holds A LOT and has both an outer and inner zippered pocket. Get a bicycle workout en route to the gym with this bag! NEW from Basil.NL 

No comments:

Post a Comment